Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What will Pine Island Academy look like?
- Who will attend the new school?
- As a result of the school choice legislation, will this school have capacity / controlled open enrollment?
- Will the Nocatee Duval County students be able to attend Pine Island Academy?
- What grades will Pine Island Academy serve in its opening year?
- Who will be the principal? Teachers?
- Will my child receive transportation?
- What will be the start and end times for the new school?
- What academic programs / Pre-K Programs / ESE Services / Extended Day / Advanced Programs will exist at the new school?
- When will the PTO for the school form?
- What technology will be available in the classroom?
- Where will I go to register my child while the school is under construction?
- Will students be able to bring tablets (laptop computers) from home?
- Will we have E-books or textbooks?
- What types of clubs or extracurricular activities will be available?
- Will there be a character education program?
- How will student leadership be developed?
- What resources will be available in the Media Center?
- What can we expect in our new school?
- What is the general timeline for opening the new school?
School District News
2021-2022 Instructional Materials Adoption for Mathematics
The St. Johns County School District curriculum department formally announces the review process for the 2021-2022 Instructional Materials Adoption for Mathematics. The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation have come from the state adoption bid list and other submitted resources from publishers when available. Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
Please visit the instructional materials website to view the resources that are being considered for adoption. If you would like access to any available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team, please contact any school or our office at 904.547.3947.
To learn more about the policies and procedures for textbook adoption, visit the Florida Department of Education Instructional Materials Website.
B.E.S.T. Standards Presentation
The purpose of the video is to provide parents and community members with information about the new B.E.S.T. Standards for English Language Arts and math. The video also explains the timeline for the implementation of the new standards.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.
Fill Out Your Volunteer School Access Form!
In a continuing effort to provide safety and security to our students and staff we ask that you complete a School Access Form if you plan to enter a facility in the St. Johns County School District. Any person passing beyond the front office area must show a valid driver’s license or state identification card.
It is recommended individuals include their middle name when completing the online application; and, if no middle name, then please use the acronym “NMN”.