Close Menu

School Health Services

Parents please be aware that medications will not be accepted at the beginning of the school year without proper documentation from a physician/health care provider. Please review the Medication Policy and forms needed for medication at school. Please take this time before school begins to get the forms filled out properly and signed by a physician/health care provider.  All forms can be found on the PIA website. 

Any questions please contact us at [email protected] and [email protected]

 The purpose of School Health Services is to ensure that all students are healthy and ready to learn. We do this by providing screenings and referrals, administering medications and treatments, providing first aid, providing health counseling and education, and supporting students to acquire self-management skills.

Clinic hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday-Friday while school is in session. Please call ahead if you would like to meet with me one-on-one. If you have any specific questions or concerns feel free to contact me or check out the Health Services website. I will be happy to answer any questions.

Nut-Free Classroom Information:
Peanut-free Snacks
Snack list


My child feels sick, should he/she stay home? When a child is sick and needs to stay home, parents should contact the school and describe the illness and symptoms.  If a medical provider makes a specific diagnosis (such as strep throat, conjunctivitis or chicken pox), let school staff know.

Deciding when to keep your child home from school can be difficult.  Here are some guidelines when a child should stay home:

  • Fever greater than 100.4 degrees
  • Chills
  • General tiredness or not feeling good
  • Frequent congested (wet) or croup-sounding cough
  • Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
  • Vomiting (even just once)
  • Diarrhea
  • Stomach pain that is accompanied by repeated vomiting or diarrhea.  Note:  if your child complains of stomach pain for several days, you should call your doctor for advice.
  • Symptoms of cold or flu

The two biggest factors when deciding whether a child can attend school is whether he or she is well enough to take part in activities and whether the child’s condition will require more attention from teachers or staff than is possible.

What if my child needs to take medication during school hours? A Medication-Authorization-form will need to be signed by the parent/guardian and completed by your doctor for ANY medication. Just a gentle reminder about medications in Academies, it’s not the same as when we went to school. Over the counter medications (OTC) include: Chap-stick, Sunscreen, Cough drops, Antacids, medicated lotions, Tylenol, Benadryl, Motrin etc. These meds can be kept in the clinic with a completed Medication Administration Form. Academy students are not allowed to keep any OTC or RX medications in their possession, except for inhalers. Please remember that the school does not keep stock medications. Thanks in advance for taking a minute to review the Medication-Policy-K8

What if my child has a medical condition? We are able to care for students with most medical conditions Medication-Policy-K8. Please contact me so we can work out a plan together. We have forms available for the five most common conditions that need to be filled out by you and your child’s doctor. If you use one of these forms you do not need to complete a Medication Authorization Form as well. The Medical Management Plans include medication authorization. You can pick up a copy at school or print one off from below.

Seizure MMP 23


Cardiac MMP 23

Bleeding Disorders MMP 23

Allergy MMP 23


Medication Authorization form 23